Who Can Help You?

Who are we?

We are law students, legal practitioners and law enthusiasts.

What do we do?

We will aid you in the legal battle for justice before courts of law and authorities. You can approach us through the website and can share your problem with us. We have three chapters, namely at Kozhikode, Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram. You can meet our representatives from any of these chapters. We will have a detailed conversation about your issue and will assist you in your fight for justice. We will act only as an intermediary and shall not file petitions on your behalf. However, we will represent you in court if you prefer litigation.

For your information, there are various cells and forums that you may approach in case of any issue that you face in your educational institution.

Appropriate forums in college

Internal Assessment Cell:

Do you have any problem with regard to the Internal Assessment being done in your college? The appropriate forum where you can address this issue in your college itself is the Internal Assessment Cell. In every college, there should be a Monitoring Committee for Internal Assessment. It shall be chaired by the Principal of the College and will consist of the Secretary of Staff Council, and two senior faculty members nominated by the Principal. It is the responsibility of this cell to handle entire process of Internal Assessment, including redressal of grievances, if any.

Grievance Redressal Committee:

As per the UGC (Grievance Redressal Regulation) 2012, every institution should constitute a Grievance Redressal Committee. The aggrieved students can approach this committee with respect to any irregularity in the admission process, refusal to return certificates, breach of the policy of reservation, delay or non-payment of scholarships, delay in conduct of examinations, non transparent or unfair evaluation and so on. The Committee   shall   be   constituted   by   the Vice ­Chancellor of the affiliating university consisting of a senior Professor of the University as the chairman, three   senior   teachers   drawn   from   the   affiliating   college and a student representative.

Equal Opportunity Cell:

As per the UGC (Promotion of Equity in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2012, the higher educational institutions shall promote equality among all the sections of students without any prejudice to their belonging to any social group and for this purpose it shall establish an equal opportunity cell and appoint an anti- discrimination officer. Thus, if you are being subjected to any sort of discrimination on the basis of your caste, creed, gender, ethnicity etc, this is the appropriate forum where you can address the issue.

Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell:

Are you being subjected to any form of harassment or abuse in your institution? You can address this issue before the Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell or Internal Complaints Committee in your college. UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations, 2015, provides for the constitution of this cell in the colleges for the effective enforcement of the basic human rights of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, and to provide conducive atmosphere in the campus to all the staff members, employees and students.

Anti-Ragging Squad:

If you are a victim of ragging, you can bring the matter before the Anti-Ragging Committee in your college. As per the UGC Regulation all the institutions should constitute the Anti-Ragging Committee for building and preserving a culture of Ragging Free Environment in the University Campus. The Anti Ragging Squad working under the supervision of Anti Ragging Committee has to engage in the works of checking places like hostels, buses, canteens, classrooms and other places of student congregation, for any incidences of ragging.

If your College doesn’t have these, let us know!


National Level Regulators

The University Grants Commission

A national regulatory framework in this regard is The University Grants Commission. It is a statutory body established by the Union Government under the University Grants Commission Act 1956, which regulate the activities of universities and institutes of higher education in the country. It is charged with responsibility of coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education. If you have any complaint to be addressed directly to the UGC, you can do the same by visiting UGC Online Student Redressal Portal.

All India Council for Technical Education

Have you ever come up with a situation where an institution tends to find loopholes and bend the rules to their convenience?  Any complaint or grievance regarding any institution or about the visit of experts assigned with specific tasks pertaining to the institutions can be brought to the notice of the All India Council for Technical Education. It is a statutory body established under the All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987. It works to ensure that institutions function as per the norms and guidelines that they have undertaken to follow at the time of getting an approval. The complaints if any can be communicated even via emails at aictevigilance@gmail.com.

Authorities in the State Level

Kerala Human Rights Commission

Kerala State Human Rights Commission is another forum where students can approach in cases of violation of their basic human rights. It was constituted as per The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. The Commission is entitled to perform functions to ensure that the human rights of the citizens are protected. Jurisdiction of the Commission ordinarily extends to violation of human rights or negligence in the prevention of violation of human rights in the State. While enquiring into the complaint, the Commission is vested with all the powers of a civil court in the matter of trial of a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure 1908.

Judicial Forums

High Court of Kerala

Article 226 of Constitution, enables you to directly approach the High Court in cases of infringement of your fundamental rights and legal rights. The High Court has power to issue such directions and orders as may be necessary to meet the ends of justice, in respect of administrative action and judicial or quasi-judicial action. Thus you can prefer a petition before the high court for addressal of violation of your constitutional rights in the institutions.

Supreme Court of India

If your fundamental rights are being violated, you can directly approach the Supreme Court under Article 32. The Supreme Court has the power to issue directions or order or writs including the writs in the nature of Habeas Corpus, Mandamus, Prohibition, Quo warranto and Certiorari, whichever may be appropriate for the enforcement of any of the fundamental rights.